Sunday, April 28, 2013

Settling or setting?

It's been some time. Wanted to sit at a cafe to post today but ended up napping for 3 hours in the day. Thanks to the rainy, cold weather this morning. It's the typical Sunday here in Johor, where I did nothing but catch up a lil on cooking, reading and cleaning. Of course, I did a bit of jogging and to pass time, iPad and TV helped. It's like a routine once a month, I will just sit back relax and perform domestic activities like mentioned.

Having time was a little fun too except that I did not manage to work on my song. Lyrics however you put it. Left my Lappie back in KL to be sent for repair (hopefully not too exp) and once I get the machine back - I should be finishing the lyrics soon. Being at this age and with the commitments at hand, I find it more difficult for me to just sit and get inspiration to write

I also plan to restart my part time job of uploading pics to royalty free site for passive income. The photo taking, editing, keywording, uploading and managing entire process is a bit heavy and the efforts required, to develop good commercial generating jncome photos seem to be quite the challenge for me. But I know it's worth the investment for passive future income. I have the lighting whom I believe the effect and all will help. So it's only picking the right date to start... Hopefully soon with some encouragement from my inner suppressed passion for photography ...

Am also seeking to brush up my Japanese. Am kinda desperate to master the language. I believe there is a huge market for the jap speaking professionals especially being Neighbour to Singapore. If I master japanese, means I can command 4 languages in my disposal for communications. Definitely an additional portfolio to my achievement... The only trouble and challenge is picking it up in Johor seems like a difficult task - classes are far, jap speaking friends are scarce and not to mention expensive

Out of all the things I mentioned above, either than different aspect of improvements I want to pick up in different areas, the similarity is that if find everything additional on top of work is difficult and a challenge. I have to admit, I aged. Long gone the days when things are easy and just quick to manage. Gone I must say. Everything these days are hard, losing fat to put on weight, the commitment of working out at the gym, the push to seek better opportunities and advancement, the ability to stay focus, the creative roadblocks frequent the mind and having to often to doubt myself or to be outside the box compliments the orthodox of just finding excuses and procrastinate.

So I guess I better get some things done and motivate myself before I fall into the comfort zone of just aging slowly, and maturing content-fully without improvement

Damn the stress in life.

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind being a practice acquaintance through email or what not *teehee* provided my schedule allows. An email a day should be fine.

    1 more level away from native, though I'm sure staying in the country itself helps even more to master the language in a concrete state.

    if you are interested, zanyzephyr@live.com

    ReplyDelete