Saturday, May 4, 2013

4 May - Eve of Msia general election

In less than a few hours, I believe many will be casting their votes in Malaysia. It is said to be one of the most important election for the country as many can see, for the first time - the ever powerful and unshaken government coalition is on their toes. You can see with the amount of advertisement, tax payer moneys' they have splurge in the objective to fish votes. Aside the last minute promises, there's nothing much I think the government can else do to convince it's people. If they have done their job in the perspective for the country and its' fellow respected citizen - I believe they only need to do less at the time of campaigning.

As I sit in my best friend's bedroom transferring movies to my laptop and casually catching up with him, I can't help but hope that there will be some great news tomorrow about the same time. Being a pessimistic drawn person, I still think the government coalition will win. Change always takes time. Having that said, I am still not comfortable with that idea

It will be my first time voting. So, I will like to cast my vote for a governance of just. A government that listens, tell, educate and care his people the right, clean, safe and transparent way. I will be fulfilling my rights as a citizen to decide fates of future generation in my conscious heart, empathic perspective and open mind with the final decision.

I will like to take this opportunity to also claim that I am not ignorant and shall not be, something that some of you may have remember me for "washing" my hands on politics - deciding to never vote. I am going to go against my word this time around ...


No comments:

Post a Comment