Friday, May 31, 2013

Milestones Recap

Anyone realise it is June already? And counting down 30 days - it will be half the year had gone by. I was just wondering had anyone actually achieved or completed their new year resolution? I remembered I am not a big fan of resolutions, and this year particularly I did set some milestones for the sake of having some mini accomplishment. To be honest, I kinda forgot them already.

Back in those days when I was in KL, every year is like a challenging year. From starting up a company, run it, earning back the capital investment, then letting it generate passive income, to owning a property, completing my masters degree and launching my career in a corporate world, this year is really like a set back for me. Some had asked me to take it a challenge to rest the mind, soul and body since the past 5 years had just flew by with all the work, stress and routine picked up to achieve my yearly milestones.

The past months, I admit I was really taking a breeze walk at the park. I self diagnosed it as recovery treatment for post syndrome in launcing one of Malaysia's most important landmark for tourism. But when the time flew by, and occasionally when I have time to sit and think - damn I been quite the lazy prick. If an assessment is done on my "milestone targets" (not that I formally set one!), I would probably score a voluntarily separation scheme.

Back to making 2013 a more productive learning year for myself, I set some personal goals which I absolutely think it is a piece of cake to achieve compared to the latter years. Just 5 things.

1. To bring my Japanese language communication skills to the next level. Status : Kinda in progress
2. To learn and master a new social dance. Status : Kinda all over the place with this progress
3. To save, live thrifty and diverse investment for future savings. Status : Kinda in progress
4. To really build my body and regain tone-fit healthy figure. Status : Seem to be in progress for years!
5. To be more environmental friendly and savvy. Status : Definitely. I think?!!?

So with vague and many kinda in progress status - I probably should shoot myself in the foot because if I ever look back 7 months later in december. I am sure most of the status is the same.

Here goes the pessimistic rocket launching to space!

Perhaps if I consider getting attached a milestone, I might had already achieve that?

No comments:

Post a Comment