Sunday, March 17, 2013

Appetite

I woke up late today. It was like I was drowning in my dreams, happily tucked in until my bladder was yelling me to get up. I felt like a pig. 

Yesterday instead was a very productive day. I wrote a list of things to do, and manage to slashed them all out just before the day end. If only everyday at work was like that, I am sure I will hit my KPIs by end year. Of course, easier said than done - my work doesn't only deal with KPIs but also another set of important data - attendance

I ask myself everyday, especially now when I have full talent capacity and staffing to progress - will life ever stop? As just plain human, no doubt we have constantly march forward and upwards. Climbing the corporate ladder is essential for capital survival, from the urban point of view of course. I had my share in the pain and gruesome politics and conflict management to get where I am today. Not that it is that great of an achievement, but some had put it ... successful at my age.

Not exactly proud of where I am, but grateful don't get me wrong - I make my life a bit harder than usual. Where did my appetite for the corporate soul come from? Was it from my internship - as how a friend put it - bitten by the business bug? Or was is just plainly genetics since Dad and his fellow brother comrades had worked all along in sales and marketing for FMCG sectors since the days where The Store was "D Place to shop"?

One needs to be hungry for that recognition and award in the industry and yet I ask myself, am I starving for more? The answer is clearly no. Had I reach a plateau for growth and self development? The answer is uncertain. Had I no longer remember my personal goal and career aim to get a good guru for mentorship. I am not exactly getting anywhere am I? But I am, looking at the my resume draft and achievement - there is so much more I can perfect and refine in this company. 

I have yet to grow my reputation externally with my network and contacts. I have yet to grow my team's importance and dependency with external contact points. I have yet to improvise all internal structure and measurement with the idea for independence and empowerment at workforce. Perhaps those should be my appetite, my hunger for the last straw before I embark on a more selfish journey. Just one more time for the corporate soul to be filled and satisfied

Does corporate world really had that soul?

Hmm

No comments:

Post a Comment