Thursday, March 7, 2013

The questions

Two of my senior colleagues today asked how I was doing at work? Ironically speaking, both of them asked the similar concern with the exact same tone and intention but only at different interval time. The answer I gave was nothing less than - discomfort. Most of the people ask me the similar question and to be honest, it sucks to give the same diplomatic answer when you just feel like using a katana, swiftly just slice open that someone and have a shotgun fire just as the body is about to hit the ground. Bloodied, splattered and blow into pieces.

But being the me I am, I smile cynically and squint my eye comically, walked away like a leo filled with pride.

I find it an absolutely pain soulfully having to be subjected to expectations and constant admiration of others but not having it recognized in the right way. In lay-human term, why do everyone in the office knows I deserve the promotion and recognition I deserved but nothing concrete is done?

Incompetency.

And so the close ones, the smart ones, the enlighten ones, the ever so supportive ones, the onlookers and the one with secrets asked to be patience. I wonder, how long can it last. It is exactly 12months + another soon if nothing is done. So it is only now a waiting game

I think the next time someone burped the question, especially the ones from work ... I will answer with a pinch of salt sprinkled into one's eye. Why not you ask the bloody peeps who is supposedly doing their work first, before the recipient?

And I will still smile cynically, squint my eyes and probably give a soft stepford housewive kinda pat on the person shoulder


No comments:

Post a Comment