Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Rumba Class

Officially finish 18weeks of Rumba dance classes today. It was a very fun few finale lessons as we were put to the test in technique, execution and leading partner. I had lots of fun. One of the few ways I feel that I am feeding my soul. I do not know why, work is just plain work for me these days. Draining. Tiresome. Routine.

So when it comes to my Wednesday night, it's the usual dinner and practice for Rumba. Many times I doubt myself in a slow dance. Am so used to popping, hip dancing and hop grooving. So having to slow down each butt hip is something quite a challenge for someone who had retired from social dance scene since 5 years ago.

I wonder what is installed next week? Teacher had pre shown a new dance genre called jive. I wonder, will it be fun? It is definitely a faster pace and instead of a slow 4 beat step, hip. It's a 8 fast beat step skip. Hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment